Over the last few months, we have been thinking almost constantly about the possibility to come back to what we love – teaching rope bondage as a way of sharing intimacy, vulnerability, and as a tool to explore each other and our selves. Some things have changed since the pandemic started, others remained the same. What remained the same is our unbroken motivation to interact with curious minds of all levels through the medium of rope.
And this is why we are very excited to inform you that we found a way to share our passion and knowledge of rope bondage safely again with the local community.
In accordance with recommendations by the BC – health authorities and our own expertise in the health system, we will re-open for education. As of July 20, we accept in person training with one pair at a time out of our private studio in East Van. We are closely following all guidelines, and playing things as safe as possible. Lesson structure may update as new recommendations come out.
The structure will be as follows:
- Lessons can be booked online.
- The content of the lesson can be chosen in the booking form (beginner, pattern, movement, communication, suspensions, etc.)
- The duration of a lesson is 2h.
- Single lesson: $120CAD (per couple, tax included).
- Series (5 lessons within 2 months): $500CAD*
- Discounts available**. Please contact us for more info.
- If you are feeling sick or are within a 14 days period of being sick or having traveled outside BC, do not come, rebook. It’s not about you but about others.
- One pair per day maximum gives time to clean in between lessons.
- We will provide hand sanitizer which has to be used upon entrance and exit.
- Face masks required during the lesson.
- Please come dressed ready to tie. There will be no possibility to use a washroom.
- Bring your own ropes. No loaners available at this time. We have ropes available for sale.
- We reserve the right to decline bookings. If this is your first time working with us, we ask for a quick video call in advance.
- One free lesson for those who had bought a membership for TheSpace2 back in March 2020.
With this structure we feel comfortable and responsible in bringing back in-person education for the local community. This is also in preparation for a time, hopefully not too far in the future, when we can re-open the next TheSpace2 for social events and group lessons.
*Split payments possible. (downpayment plus payment plan for remaining cost)
**We understand that the cost of private lessons may be prohibitive for some, especially in this time. If you are in a situation that makes it difficult to afford this education, especially if you are a member of a marginalized group, please reach out via email. We will find a way to make it happen.